Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Andover, ME, mile 256.9 to Katahdin

I survived the Mahoosic Notch, barely. A little scratched, and it took twice as long as 15 years ago.

I managed to bump my legs dragging the rest of myself over, under, around and through the rockpile. Here are some pictures of Turtle struggling. She made it unblemished, but she's only 26.





I'm now at a hostel, staying 2 nights. Tomorrow I'll go back to where I was picked up this afternoon and then slackpack (carrying a daypack of just food and water) the 10 miles to the next road crossing where they will pick me up, hopefully before the forecasted rain showers come in.
Today was tough only because I'm sore from the Notch and then the tough uphill after it, hardest 2 miles on the AT. I'll take it easier tomorrow, just a walk in the hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment