Friday, September 12, 2014

Andover, again. 233.6 to Katahdin

Another day slacking, 13 miles, including the long climb up "my" mountain, Old Blue. Very cool to start, then cold fog on top, with Senator, Tumbles, and Turtle.



Later in the afternoon there were long views north toward the Rangeley lakes, but we were hurrying to catch the ride back to the hostel in time for Tumbles to get his massage. He and I chatted a good part of the day, and he hopes to do the Camino pilgrimage trek from France into Spain next year, perhaps with his hiking companions Yeti legs, Breaktime and Senator. Maybe even me? I had spent a rainy night in a crowded shelter back in VT with them, so it was fun to see them again. I was invited to meet them in Rangeley for Senator's birthday, which they plan to celebrate with a double zero --2 days off. Since I'm taking tomorrow off to go to an outfitter for some rain gear upgrade and parts for my pack, I can meet up with them, and hike with them again.
Forecast is for 32 degrees tonight, and chance of seeing the northern lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment