Friday, November 14, 2014

Home sweet Hot Springs

I finished my 2nd complete AT hike yesterday, returning to Hot Springs. Another cold wet day, with ice mist above 3,000ft, but then all downhill and into town by 3:30pm.



Confirmed my shuttle to the bus station, stopped at the library to buy and print my Greyhound and Amtrak tickets, and checked into Elmer's. Then Clam, Bug, Moxie (some of the young soboers I've been camping and sheltering with since Damascus) and I went to the "world famous hot springs." Had a fun hour sitting in a hot tub drinking beer and watching the river rush by below. Not really that hot (102 degrees) or minerally, but very relaxing even if the air temperature was close to freezing.



Enjoyed this morning's breakfast at Elmer's, but bittersweet since all the others are pushing on into the frigid air and the Smokies.



Glad to be done, happy not to be freezing, sad to see the others leave to keep hiking for another 3 weeks to Springer.

No comments:

Post a Comment